maureen getchell - Village Clerk
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
(incoming calls being accepted until 4:30 p.m. - except weekends & holidays)
Telephone Number: 631-281-2326
Telefax Number: 631-772-2432
The Clerks Office maintains the Village’s official records. The Clerk is responsible for preparing and preserving the minutes of Board of Trustees’ meetings along with maintaining all Village resolutions and local laws. The Clerk is the Records-Access Officer for purposes of the New York State Freedom-of-Information Law (FOIL). For those wishing to file a FOIL request, please download and complete a FOIL Form and return to the office.
The Clerk's Office oversees the conduct of the annual Village Elections. The next election is slated for Tuesday, March 21, 2017, from 12 noon to 9:00 p.m. Pursuant to legal advice provided to the Village Clerk by both the Village Attorney and the New York State Conference of Mayors and Municipal Officials (NYCOM) attorneys, neither the Village Clerk nor the Deputy Village Clerk are permitted to answer questions from or give advice to candidates or individuals interested in running for office. Rather, individuals and/or candidates who are running for office are invited to consult with their personal counsel and/or contact the New York State Board of Elections (not the Suffolk County Board of Elections) website: www.elections.ny.gov.
For information about the November 16, 2016, referendum on whether to dissolve the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach, please visit the "Dissolution Information" page under the "Information" tab on this website.
This office also prepares and distributes a variety of documents, including the following:
snow-plow contractor/subcontractor application packet - 2016-17 winter season
Snow –plow contractor/subcontractor applications for the 2015-16 winter season are now available. Interested individuals wishing to provide such services to the Village should forward completed applications with all required attachments to the attention of the Village Clerk, Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach, 369 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach, NY11951. Applications found to be in complete and proper order will be presented to the Board of Trustees’ for consideration. The application packet is available via this link.
Any resident of the Village of Mastic Beach who is in need of a Handicap-Parking Permit must complete the Handicap-Parking-Permit Application. Residents may download, complete and return it to Village Hall in person with the required documentation.
Village Code enables residents in the Village of Mastic Beach to hold three (3) yard sales per year. To obtain a Yard-Sale Permit, download and complete the Yard-Sale Permit Application and return it to Village Hall with the required $10 fee. All permit applications must be completed and returned to Village Hall a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the first date of the requested yard sale.
Any person or company wishing to go door-to-door within the Village for sales purposes must first obtain a Peddler Permit. If you wish to obtain a Peddler Permit, download and complete the Peddler-Permit Application and return to Village Hall with all required documentation and the required $100 annual fee.
- All paperwork must be completed and returned to Village Hall a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the party date.
- The required permit fee of $50 shall be paid when the permit is approved. Please do not return payment with the application.
- A block can only be closed from one corner to the very next corner.
- Partial closing of a block is permitted.
- The Hold-Harmless Clause must be signed by a resident (over the age of 21) from every home within the area to be closed, including all corner houses.
- Barricades are no longer available. Residents will be responsible for using sawhorses, picnic tables, garbage pails, or yellow tape to block the street. Individuals may not, under any circumstances, use any vehicle to block the street. Emergency vehicles must be allowed access at all times.
- Any person residing on the closed street must not be denied vehicular access to and from her/his property.
- Permits are issued until 10:00 p.m. only. Accordingly, everything relating to the block party must be removed from the street with the road fully opened by 10:00 p.m.
- Clean-up of the street after the party is the responsibility of the residents holding the Block Party Permit.
- Fireworks are illegal in the State of New York.
- All inflatables, DJs and/or bands must be located on private property and not in the roadway. Roadways cannot be blocked under any circumstances.
- Residents must notify their postal-mail carrier prior to the event date to make arrangements for mail delivery, should the party fall on a regularly-scheduled mail-delivery day.
- If you wish to apply for a Block-Party Permit, please download, complete and return the Block-Party Permit Application to Village Hall.