INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF MASTIC BEACH BOARD OF TRUSTEES’ PUBLIC HEARING:
INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF MASTIC BEACH DRAFT DISSOLUTION PLAN
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees has scheduled a public hearing for Thursday, March 16, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at the Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Public Library, 407 William Floyd Parkway, Shirley, New York 11967, at a special meeting of the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees.
The purpose of this hearing is to present the proposed Draft Dissolution Plan for the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach, as approved by the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees on February 1, 2017. The proposed plan outlines how the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach will dissolve and what government services, local laws and positions will be continued or not continued as a result of the Village’s dissolution. This document is available for review on the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach website, www.masticbeachvillageny.gov, and also is available for public view at the Village Hall at 369 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach, NY 11951. The following is a summary of the proposed Dissolution Plan for the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach:
· Upon dissolution, the projected tax rates for former Village property owners are anticipated to be $23.07, an increase of $3.37 per $100 of assessed value, excluding any awarded Citizens Empowerment Tax Credit (CETC).
· All Village positions, elected and civil, will be eliminated upon dissolution. All Village Departments will be eliminated.
· The entity's assets, including but not limited to real and personal property, will be sold with the exception of the marina and the stick docks which will be transferred to the Town of Brookhaven.
· The Village residents will be responsible for all existing debt at the time of dissolution which includes but is not limited to the bond covering the purchase of Village Hall, payment of employee benefits, and any litigation settlements.
· The Village and Town of Brookhaven will pursue the Inter-Municipal Agreements (IMAs) to carry out the dissolution. The IMAs are designed so as to be effective June 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017.
· All services currently provided directly by the Village will be provided by the Town of Brookhaven, at its discretion.
· The effective date of the proposed dissolution shall be December 31, 2017.
All interested parties and citizens will be given an opportunity to be heard in reference to the above Draft Dissolution Plan, which is found on the Village of Mastic Beach website www.masticbeachvillageny.gov, at the designated time and place stated above. Citizens may state their opinions at that time.
After the public hearing, the Village Board will adopt a Final Dissolution Plan.
Dated: February 1, 2017
By Order of the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees
Susan F. Alevas, Esq., Village Clerk/Administrator