INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF MASTIC BEACH BOARD OF TRUSTEES’ PUBLIC HEARING:
INCORPORATED VILLAGE OF MASTIC BEACH DRAFT DISSOLUTION PLAN
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on the proposed Dissolution Plan at a special meeting. The hearing will be held on Thursday, March 16, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at the Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Public Library, 407 William Floyd Parkway, Shirley, New York 11967, at a special meeting of the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees, at which time all interested parties will be heard. This document is available on the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Website, www.masticbeachvillageny.gov, and also is available for public view at Village Hall, 369 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach, NY 11951. The following is a summary of the proposed Dissolution Plan for the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach:
· Upon dissolution, the projected tax rates for former Village property owners are anticipated to be $23.07, an increase of $3.37 per $100 of assessed value, excluding any awarded Citizens Empowerment Tax Credit (CETC).
· All Village positions, elected and civil, will be eliminated upon dissolution. All Village Departments will be eliminated.
· The entity's assets, including but not limited to real and personal property, will be sold with the exception of the marina and the stick docks which will be transferred to the Town.
· The Village residents will be responsible for all existing debt at the time of dissolution which includes but is not limited to the Village Hall, payment of employee benefits, and any litigation settlements.
· The Village and Town will pursue the Inter-Municipal Agreements (IMAs) to carry out the dissolution. The IMAs will be effective June 1st through December 31st 2017.
· All services currently provided directly by the Village will be provided by the Town of Brookhaven, at its discretion.
· The effective date of the proposed dissolution shall be December 31, 2017.
Dated: February 1, 2017
By Order of the Incorporated Village of Mastic Beach Board of Trustees
Susan F. Alevas, Esq., Village Clerk/Administrator